- Geometry - 3 & 4 flute, tapered high-shear grind, ball-nose
tip, 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) shank
- Length - 2.5in. (63.5mm) ±0.010in.
- Tip diameter - nominal ±0.0005 in.
- Taper angle - nominal ±0.10°
(TIR) - max 0.0002 in.
- Max. depth of cut - nominal ±0.100
- Anticipated Life - depends on material being cut
- Material - solid
RPM - CNC certified operation 1k RPM to 40k RPM
- High-shear ball-nose tip cuts smooth 3D
contours with reduced stepping, and minimal fuzzing
- High flute volume supports high feed rates /
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach
- Optimized flute geometry and low TIR insures
clean cutting, virtually eliminating sanding and fuzz removal
(when used with low TIR spindles).
- Dimensional signage
- Precision 3D carving
- 3D contouring and profiling
- Cabinetry and furniture making
- 3D millwork
- Compatible with CarveWright and CompuCarve
Application Data (tool description for CAM software)
- Tool Type: Tapered Ball Nose
- Shank Diameter = 0.250"
- Half angle (side angle)
- 0.0313in. (1/32in.) dia. tip: 6.2°
- 0.0625in. (1/16in.) dia. tip: 5.4°
- 0.1250in. (1/8in.) dia. tip: 3.6°
- 0.2498in. (1/4in.) dia. tip: 0.1°
- Tip radius = nominal ±0.001"
- Stepdown (pass depth, depth per pass)- 2 X tip diameter max
- roughing pass (stepover) = 0.25 X tip diameter
- finishing pass (clearance, cleanup pass) = 0.10 X tip diameter
- Depth of Cut (DOC) = 1.074"
- Stepover (for final cleanup pass) = 0.10 X tip diameter
- Stepover (for roughing, clearance pass) = 0.25 to 0.40 X tip diameter
- Spindle RPM (SPEED) = 5 KRPM to 60 KRPM (optimum speed)
- Feedrate (IPM) = Depends on the material being cut. Do the
Sweetspot Test before setting this parameter
- Plunge rate = 10 IPM to 25 IPM (again depending on material
- High Density Urethane (HDU)
- Hardwood - walnut, redwood, maple, rosewood, ebony, epe ...
- Plastic - PVC, HDP, MDP, acrylic, polycarbonate ...
- Metal - zinc, aluminum, copper, brass, bronze, silver, gold...