Mother-of-Pearl / Shell / Soft Stone Cutters (MS3I8) - (0.125"
|After years of
experimenting with different flute geometries, tip designs
and cutting parameters, we finally have a cutter that is
optimized for high-speed cutting of natural mother-of-pearl
and abalone. Superior bit life and fracture-free edges with
no chipping or flaking are the result of a cutter geometry
that is precisely tuned to the machining properties of
natural shell products. The tools are designed specifically
for use in CNC based cutters where relatively high, uniform
feed rates can be maintained.
Our older, 3-flute
chip-breaker design, which has found a home in tile-cutting
and soft-stone carving, as well as the hand shaping of
mother of pearl and abalone, will continue to provide a low
cost alternative to hobbyists, model makers, and instrument
- Geometry - 3
flute, 1/8 in. shank, modified fish tail-point
- Length - 1.5 in. ±0.010
- Diameter - nominal" ±0.0005 in.
- Shank dia. - 0.1250 in. (3.18 mm)
+0.00, -0.0002 in.
- Max runout (TIR) - < 0.0005 in.
- Max. depth of cut - EFL varies by
diameter ±0.005 in.
- Material - solid
- Ring Set - 0.800 in. ±0.002
RPM - CNC certified operation 20k RPM to 100k RPM
- Go to:
Feeds & speeds
- Modified fish-tail point eliminates
backside breakout and splintering
- High flute volume supports high feed
rates / chip loads
- 3-Flute design eliminates chatter at
high feed rates
- 3-Flute design brings the rigidity
and precision of a stub mill to a high-aspect ratio
- Optimized cutting edge geometry
(shell / stone cutter) designed for
efficient debris removal and smooth side wall
- Mother of pearl logos for musical instruments
- Pool cue inlay parts and pockets
- Pool table sights
- Custom cabinetry
- Ceramic tile, marble, and soapstone shaping