- cut precise, chatter free kerfs
- remove most, if not all, debris from the kerfs
- last through multiple production shifts
- minimize top surface splintering and fuzzing
- produce kerfs with consistent drag properties over the life of the
- operate at high chip loads (e.g. 1.5 to 2 mils of cut per
revolution) with minimum deflection
With the introduction of the
UltraBIT SRD Kerf Cutter, PreciseBits has met all of the above requirements
at a price less than 80% of anything else on the market.
But what about tool life?
The uncoated bit on the left is brand new, right out of the box. The bit
to the right has approximately 12,500 inches of cut in 5/16 in. Baltic
birch plywood (70 in./min. @ 40,000 RPM).
It was retired when the drag during rule insertion became unacceptably
high. When the bit was taken out of service, it was still cutting clean,
well defined slots with virtually no top surface fuzzing.
Test data: Harold Nye, Reliable
Steel Rule Die of Wisconsin, Racine, WI